Sunday, November 13, 2011

My cloth wipe solution


Cloth wipe solution
Ingredients:
-2 cups water
-2 squirts Dr Bronner's liquid castile soap (I use unscented)
-1 squirt natural baby lotion of your choice (for now, I use Burts Bees Milk & Honey, which I think has been "reformulated," and the reformulation is not worth buying--but the old version makes my wipes smell divine. You could also use a drop or two of essential oils if desired, or a plain unscented lotion.)
-Empty jar

Combine in  jar and shake well. Place 5-6 fleece wipes (=cut a cheap fleece blanket into squares; or can serge your own, or use baby washcloths) into a ziploc or other waterproof bag, and pour a small amount of solution over. Squish to equalize coverage. Use within a few days, and replenish as needed. Cute label optional!

I love this because:
  • the ingredients are customizable to what your baby does or does not tolerate well (Eve's diaper area looks stellar since we switched back to cloth wipes)
  • they're easier to keep "juicy" than disposable wipes, which kept going dry on me
  • no questionable or unpronounceable ingredients (even 7th Generation wipes seemed to me to have way too many ingredients)
  • there's no more sorting disposable wipes out of the cloth diaper pail
  • it's cheap and easy!

No comments: