Sunday, March 25, 2012

Favorite Moments: Since regular blogging is clearly beyond me right now...

...and by far the most useful function of the blog is the one it serves for us, kind of a family scrapbook/journal, I've decided to at least try to post periodically some of my favorite everyday moments with our family, so that someday we can look back and remember what life was like with two small children, after (all too soon) they're grown and gone.

Today: spending a long while reading books with Eden, out on the swing on a sunny afternoon. Her current favorites (all from my childhood as well, and actually all written before 1962): A Fish Out of Water, Little Bear's Visit, and A Big Ball of String. She's got a surprisingly long attention span for how active she is, and we spend a lot of time these days reading books. We do a lot of fill-in-the-blanks when we read, both because it keeps her engaged and because I love to hear her talk ("I can do anysing with my big ball of fwing!"). Snuggling on a swing with a wiggly, dirt-smeared, curly-haired little girl: life doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: