Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Favorite moments: Coming home

I worked from noon to seven today at the hospital. As soon as I got off work, I called Matt's phone, which he passed over to Eden. She excitedly asked, "When you coming home? You going put me to bed?!" Matt said he would hold her off so that I could, and when I pulled in the driveway, there was a curly-haired little girl in her pajamas waiting for me with a big smile on her face.

And, while Eve was already in bed, Eden was kind enough to let me know that "Eve happy you're home, too." What better thing to come home to?

Another favorite thing? Kids clutching stuffed animals. What is cuter?? In addition to her central favorite, Pound Puppy Hunt Chief (pictured above, and inherited from my childhood), Eden also maintains bedtime ties with a yellow lamb, several Elmos, a few baby dolls, and several farm animal hand puppets. Eve is a bit simpler, focusing mainly on her favorite, a red stuffed octopus. There's nothing better than walking in on them asleep and clutching one of their buddies, or in Eden's case, traipsing into our bedroom in the morning (or the middle of the night) trailing one or all of them.

No comments: