Friday, January 15, 2010

A happy new year.

Two weeks into the new year, I feel like we're in a very nice place. Certainly better than last January, when I was starting to get big, down with a cold, and lacking in energy. This year, instead of an expanding midsection, we have an ever-more-delightful, affectionate, silly and wonderful little person around.

We're settling into a nice routine, too; during the week, we get up around 6, I go to the gym for an hour, and Matt hangs out with Eden. I come home, and we spend time as a family until Matt leaves to walk to work. In the evenings, Matt usually does some woodworking, I do some homework, and after we put Eden to bed, we cap it off with an episode of Lost (two episodes on the weekends). On the weekends, I go to work, Matt and Eden have a daddy-daughter day, and we take it easy in the evenings. I feel so fortunate to have been able to rearrange my work schedule around my daughter's teething. I'm actually training up on the postpartum floor as well, to get a few more weekend hours, which is nice.

Eden is also getting bigger and a little more predictable (despite her increasing mobility). Plus, I think we're getting used to her. The more we settle into our life as parents (versus focusing on what we used to be able to do--you know, like sleep in, or have an uninterrupted conversation), the happier we are with it.

Things just feel peaceful and quiet these days--the calm before the storm. We're thankful for both.

No comments: