Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thanks for nursing


I casually joined the Facebook group "If breastfeeding offends you, put a blanket over YOUR head" some time ago. I only recently learned of the companion blog. They are currently featuring the above printable cards, which I think are completely awesome. I will probably print some out to have on hand, even though I think I have only seen someone else breastfeeding in public ONE TIME. Oh, well--it never hurts to be prepared.

What should you do if you come across a nursing mother and you don't have one of these at the ready? Make eye contact and smile at her. That's all. Don't: a) stare, b) grimace, c) say something rude, or d) hastily avoid eye contact and shield your children's/husband's eyes like you've just caught her urinating.

If all else fails--just ACT NORMAL. There's a crazy thought, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How should I act if they actually are urinating?

Cristin said...

The site is on face book too : )
I was excited to see it out there and giving women more support.