Friday, July 6, 2007

Just the beginning...

Well all, this is my second attempt at blogging. The first was for a class and I have to admit at first I did not enjoy the project and attempted to ignore it but I eventually had fun in the end and now am glad that I am ready and already know the program. Since my wonderful wife is going to law school and we are going to be living in the hot spot for politics in the U.S., it is going to be my goal to stay on top of current events from here on out, especially politics. Katie is already pretty on top of this by daily reading cnn.com. I am planning on following her good role model and am planning to read national news every single day. This is just one of the many goals I have for this new stage of my life-the stage where you have to have a job like normal people and not be a student! One of the first things that I did to get connected to politics, as previously mentioned by Katie, was to attend a rally held by Hillary and Bill Clinton, here in Iowa city. It was my first time at one of these events and I really wish Katie could have been there because I enjoyed it a lot. A little bit too much nonsensical cheering if you ask me but it can't be perfect. I was only about 15 feet from where the people spoke and stood about 5 feet from Bill for the duration of Hillary's speech!

One last political item. There is a speech on Barack Obama's website that I really hope people take the time to look at. It is about faith and politics and is about 40 minutes long but well worth it. Now, I know everyone may not agree with his political views, but please set those aside and approach it with an open mind. In my opinion, it is one of the most intelligent speeches that I have ever heard. What he is saying is truly non-partisan and loving and the message can hopefully be appreciated by most people interested in the essence of any religion.

One last item and this comes with a small amount of sadness on my part and probably some happiness on my sisters. I am selling my wagon, a 1995 Volvo 850 with a 5 cylinder turbo, called "the hearse" by my lovely sister Nicki. It is one of the most practical cars I have ever have but on the contrary, having this car or any car in Washington DC is not practical. So the car must go. If anyone is interested, or knows anyone who wants the greatest grocery getter in the world can check it out at autotrader.com and/or craigslist.com. Thanks for reading and hope to see y'all before we leave town.

1 comment: