Monday, July 30, 2007

So far, so good!

We like it here! I had my first day of work orientation at the hospital, and Matt made some contact with the DC Public Schools. Afterward we met up at the mall near where I work and got new cell phones--so far we are really impressed with T-Mobile. After that we wandered around looking for a grocery store (the promised Harris Teeter "just across the street" that was a major reason we chose our current apartment has actually yet to be built). After phoning directory assistance (also known as my brother, who works at a computer all day) we found the Safeway about 6 blocks from where we live. Prices are definitely higher here, but we made out OK and came home for grilled cheese, tomato, and pesto sandwiches--yum. And now for what is still the most challenging part of my day: falling asleep at a decent hour. I had a surprising amount of energy today, thanks to taking an Ambien around 9:45 last night so that I could be well-rested by 6, but one day I hope to be able to actually sleep during the nighttime unaided. We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, we're really happy here and feeling excited to continue our explorations!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I'm so glad you are having fun! I miss you both dearly! Did you keep your same cell numbers or are there new ones?