Saturday, November 17, 2007

Holly's Here!

And, despite the fact that she started the visit feeling under the weather (pediatric unit=germ pool), I know that I, at least, am having a wonderful time with her here. I hope she is too. I got an email from Matt the other day that told me to "have fun with your friends. Feed them well." So far we've had mushroom risotto and made a pan of amazing brownies (swapping the nuts for chocolate chips since we both have funny feelings about texture like that) and just generally done lots of catching up. It's been awhile since I've been around a nurse friend, and so we had lots of conversing (read: bitching) to do about that. She agrees with my assessment of the current hospital situation (with wide eyes: "Oh, honey, you need to get out of there!") and is imminently supportive of the nurse-midwife idea. She is, in short, delightful company. I've missed her and now she's here. So let the mad self-photography begin!

Other than that, yesterday I placed a weekend-long hold on an apartment in Reston. Not, unfortunately, one we've seen, but one whose location is very promising and whose price is more or less right (lower than what we're paying now, but not low enough to be scary) and which we'll see on Wednesday. I had an encouraging conversation with HR at the new hospital, in which I was told that I'm on their radar, that they were going to meet to discuss me on Wednesday but the nurse manager was called into an emergency. Is this a bad sign, because it means they're understaffed? A good sign, because it means that a) they need my help and b) the NM is at least INVOLVED with what goes on on the floor? It's too early to tell, but I'm getting to the point where I feel like anything else can't be any WORSE than what I'm currently doing. I'm choosing to be optimistic and hope that it's actually better. Wednesday I also have a meeting with the program director at Georgetown to discuss applying for the fall. So...it seems like things are, hopefully, starting to come together.

That's really about it. Matt is still knocking 'em dead out in Salt Lake City, and I miss him terribly, but he's wonderful about calling often, and I'm so proud of all his hard work.

But I'll still be so glad to get him back.

1 comment:

Holly said...

It was so delightful to see you, I ofcourse had a grand time and I am impressed with our photos, especially los animales! Gracias para todo!