Sunday, July 5, 2009

The family bed

Last Sunday I woke up with the worst sore throat I've ever had, and I've been fighting a nasty cold ever since. While the adrenaline from giving birth and the relief at no longer being pregnant went a long way toward keeping me from feeling too badly, within the last day I started to feel the exhaustion and the cold catching up with me. Matt was also starting to develop a sore throat and a cough, and poor Eden has a very stuffy nose. So last night after attending a low-key Fourth of July barbecue, we resolved to spend today in bed together, hanging out and resting and recuperating. So far we've largely done just that, though we did get out for a couple of hours this evening to have some company. Other than that, we've just napped, read, nursed, eaten, and otherwise enjoyed each other's company in bed all day, and I think we are all feeling much better--not that we'll let that stop us from spending much of tomorrow the same way, both because it was so lovely and enjoyable, and also to make sure we're all truly on the mend.

No comments: