Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Recap

It was a good weekend, though it went by too fast. I could blame that on the fact that I didn't roll out of bed until almost noon each day, courtesy of the fact that I lay sleepless until 3am both nights, compliments of having worked nights last week--but time also flies when you're having fun.

We didn't do anything exceptional, because I've been way too sleepy for that, but we did hang out and enjoy each other's company, watch the remainder of the Planet Earth series, go to the Y for the first time (!), and also make a big pot of chili last night. We started out with our basic recipe, but added jalapenos and cubano peppers, as well as a pound of ground buffalo. Why buffalo? Because it was cheaper than anything else, and is supposed to be pretty good for you, too. It turned out delicious, especially with plenty of cheese, sour cream, and crushed crackers. So good, in fact, that we each ate a huge bowl, got up to do other things, and then came back and each ate another bowl about 20 minutes later. After that, we cleaned out the fridge (or rather, Matt cleaned out the fridge while I stood back and tried not to gag--not that there was anything particularly terrible in there but it still doesn't take much) and tidied up the kitchen and bathroom before deciding that was enough to make the apartment "feel" clean. Then it was off to bed, to try to salvage some semblance of a normal schedule on which to start the week.

Today, my goals are simple: get some schoolwork done, and not fall asleep! Easier said than done in the energy-sapping weeks of the first trimester. All in all, though, I'm feeling much much better, and should soon be getting on to the fun parts of pregnancy.

On the schoolwork front, I did take a test already today, closing out Pathophysiology for the semester and leaving me with just two papers left for the term. Those are both due a week from Friday, which should theoretically leave me plenty of time if I can keep my shoulder to the wheel and just keep working.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Congrats on a course well done my hard working wife. Keep up the great work. I love you!!!

Miss Music said...

"the fun parts of pregnancy..."
Which parts might those be?!?