Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's New Here?

Not much. I'm on the home stretch in my classes, but even that is feeling like a marathon when all I feel like doing is sleeping all day. But at least the nausea is gone (for now), and this too, I suppose, shall pass.

This morning we got free bagel breakfast sandwiches courtesy of the Einstein Bros. e-club. And it only says one per customer per visit, so if we wanted to, I think we could get them every morning until they expire in 12/7. Now, we happen to be MUCH bigger fans of Bruegger's (if I had a nickel for every night shift that ended in a warm egg-and-jalapeno-cream-cheese-bagel sandwich, I'd have a big stack of nickels), but free is free, so we weren't complaining.

The only thing I WILL complain about is that it seems like every time I order something at a bagel shop, they act like I'm crazy. "Can I get an egg and cheese bagel, but instead of the cheddar, can I just get cream cheese?" "So you want cheddar AND cream cheese?" NO, hence the clever use of the word "INSTEAD"?! ...And, of course, then it comes with cheddar on it anyway. You face the same thing down at the cash register: "I got an egg and cheese." "But wait, I saw them put cream cheese on this..." "Yes, instead of the cheese." "So you got two kinds of cheese?" PEOPLE! THEY'RE BAGELS AND CREAM CHEESE! PLUS EGGS! To be fair, I used to face the exact same weirdness at Bruegger's. I don't know why it's such a difficult request!

No comments: