Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hair she is

Well, the picture without messy hair never happened, so here's a sloppy one anyway. At least you get it about the length.

And here's a picture of something new we tried: Carrot-Pesto Bake. (Knowing us, we probably would have made it if it had been called Dog Turd-Pesto Bake.) We got it out of The Produce Bible, which we're generally enjoying. Overall, we would probably give it maybe a 3-1/2 out of 5. It's not one of the more wildly spiced dishes we eat, but I think with a little more pesto (it only calls for a measly TWO TABLESPOONS, whereas I think it could use more like an entire pesto layer) I would definitely make it again. It uses almost two pounds of carrots and also a fair amount of eggs and milk, which makes it a good option when we're needing to clean out the fridge before things expire.

1 comment:

Miss Music said...

Hi, Katie! Took a look at your wedding pictures...they are lovely! Hope you are enjoying married life. Figure out who this is? I found your blog through your brother's blog, which I found through my son's blog. And now, I am hungry, looking at all those recipes and pictures of food! I will have to try your pesto recipe with the fresh basil in my herb garden. Say hi to your mom for me.