Saturday, August 25, 2007

Wanna see something funny...

Me in a suit.


Wanna hear something even sillier. I wear these every day. It is very surprising to me that I dress like this every day. If you would have asked me even a month ago, what I would be doing in the future, I would have never told you this. The thing that is even more surprising-I like it quite a bit. I work with very smart, kind people and the work is important in the arts field. Why it is important would take more explaining than is necessary here but take my word for it. Anyway, my first week is done and it went very well. The job is starting slowly and I am being given ample time to read all of the publications that NASM has on their website (along with the art, dance and theater organizations as well.) It will be getting very busy at work here in a little bit as the preparations begin for the big meetings in the fall. On another note, I am going to be attending the NASM Annual Meeting in Salt Lake City this fall right before Thanksgiving. While I am looking forward to the meeting since it will be a good chance for me to meet administrators from around the country, I am not looking forward to being away from Katie. It will be the first time since the wedding that we will have not been together every day and I am sure it will be very hard for both of us but I am hoping all of you drop her phone calls and lines while I am away.

In general, things are going very well for both of us. Katie is really enjoying law school and we are both loving living in the city. Tomorrow we have plans to do some cooking so I am sure there will be pictures of food and recipes on the way. Until then, best wishes.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll miss you too!