Thursday, December 6, 2007

One-Quarter Down and Counting

My Torts final went pretty well yesterday, I think. We won't know for sure until February (!), but I felt like I had ample time and discussed it afterward with a friend who came up with similar results on hers. Torts is by far my favorite class, and I think for that and other reasons it's both objectively and subjectively the easiest class I have. We also had a midterm in that class and so we somewhat knew what to expect. Which means: it's only an uphill climb from here! The main reason I was dreading this test was because getting it over with means there are no more acceptable reasons for putting off studying for my least favorite two classes, Contracts and Civil Procedure. Huge volumes of very dry and particular rules that should probably be committed to memory, which is probably what I should be doing right now. Ugh.

Otherwise, not much has been going on around here. Work is going really well for Matt, and I'm looking forward to starting orientation at the hospital on the 17th. I'm hoping to hear about Georgetown by the end of December. We're also getting VERY excited about going home (I always feel disloyal when I say that, because really, I do feel like here is home too) to see our families in a couple of weeks. We haven't started our Christmas shopping yet, but because our families are relatively small and Christmas is a relatively simple affair at both households, we're not getting too worried. I know I should get finals behind me first. We've talked about how we hope that even if we had a bigger place or (gasp) a bigger family, we'd like to keep things such as shopping and decorating about on par with where they're at now. Easier said than done, I know, but we are blessed with families who try to keep things in perspective with reasonable expectations and a general lack of materialism, and I think that sets a good example. Now let's just hope the weather cooperates so that we can get back to the Midwest for Christmas.

On the cooking front, we made stir-fry last night, which has become an old standby favorite. I'm thinking about making Gourmet Magazine's Nacho Macaroni and Cheese (sounds gourmet, huh?) for dinner. Cold weather seems to give us just the excuse we're always looking for to whip up homey (read: cheesy) comfort foods. Not that we refrain in the summertime.

On a related note, we keep hoping to get in a routine of some kind of regular physical activity, whether that's running or walking or bike riding, although unfortunately it isn't the greatest weather for it. Not that ANY weather is a compelling substitute for lounging in bed until 8am, which is what we've been doing lately!

No comments: