Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Weather Outside=Frightful?

We're currently in the midst of the first snow of the season, and our first East-coast "snowstorm." In other words, a light dusting that doesn't stick to the streets but nonetheless has people panicking, cars careening into ditches, employees showing up late for work, and school officials conferring over whether to cancel finals. (Alas, no such luck.)

So far the only ill effect I've felt has been the increased difficulty of uprooting myself from our cozy apartment, where the cats and I are holed up watching the snow fall, to venture out and drive to the bus station to get on a bus to the train station to get on the subway to go take my test. (Everything in Reston is convenient to pretty much everything else in Reston, but convenient to downtown DC it is not.) My test (Torts, but not the delicious kind) doesn't start until 2pm, but because of the Weather, and even more because I know that if I don't get out of here I may be overcome with the irresistible urge to make a pan of brownies or something instead of performing some badly-needed last-minute cramming, I think I'm going to head out shortly.

1 comment:

Miss Music said...

Best of luck on your finals. Congratulations on your new job and lovely, spacious apartment!