Saturday, December 8, 2007

Round Here...

...we don't let a little thing like law school finals get in the way of a fun weekend. Yesterday was my Contracts final--harder than Torts, but I'm afraid not as hard as the Civil Procedure final will be on Tuesday. Has that stopped me from spending the better part of today gallivanting to an Indian spice store with Matt, or otherwise pleasurably frittering away the weekend? Hardly! The other night before bed, Matt asked me if I wanted to get up early and go running, something we've been talking about trying to get back in the habit of doing. I said "Oh, I don't know, I have a test tomorrow, I'm not sure if it would be good to get up so early." He looked at me kind of skeptically and then said, "Oh, I get it...you won't STUDY for it or anything, but you will go so far as to sleep in for it." Right. So what's wrong with that?

Last night we went to a house performance, hosted by a co-worker of Matt's by singer/songwriter Krista Detor. Said co-worker had raved about the performance, but being hard to please, we had prepared ourselves to be underwhelmed. We most definitely were NOT. Not only did we enjoy meeting and interacting with Krista and her husband Dave, and reuniting with Dave the sailor, but her music was in fact just breathtaking. She and Dave seemed to share our taste in music along with our affinity for homemade pesto, though they're a step ahead of us in living off the land, being that they live on five acres in Indiana and we, as you know, are currently soaking up the joys of living in the planned community in Reston. Anyway, we had a wonderful time. Matt whipped up a batch of the brownies you've heard about before, with the festive addition of a bag of peppermint chips I'd picked up at Aldi the last time I was there. Delicious!

Tomorrow, we're going to a performance of Handel's Messiah at the National Cathedral, which should be pretty amazing. That and the house concert are why today was supposed to be the big Civ Pro Study Expo, but I seem to be having a little bit of trouble getting started on that.

No comments: