Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Though I Disdain The Term "Blogiversary"...

...that's what this is!!!

One year ago today, on the one-month anniversary of our wedding in Mexico, is when I started the blog. In honor of it, I've put up a few pictures; feel free also to browse the archives and marvel at what's been. As this posts, we're (Lord willing) on a plane on our way back to the Midwest. As I wrote that first post, I was considering that we were about to leave it. And now, we're fairly sure that a permanent move back there is in the cards. Soon. Who could have seen that coming?

We thought we were moving out here to live in Washington, D.C., where Matt would become an elementary school band director and I would learn to become a lawyer. Instead, we're living in Reston, where Matt is an accreditor and I'm about to become a midwife. We thought there was a chance we could be "city people" for the rest of our lives. Instead, our current lifestyle and everything in it are very different from what we anticipated. But I think that I speak for both of us when I say that we couldn't be happier.

And, just as I wrote at this time last year: It will certainly be interesting to see how the next year unfolds...









No comments: