Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pancakes & Pumpkins

So tomorrow is already Wednesday!

Nothing exciting to report, but to pick up where I left off, we ended up having a wonderful Sunday. Our pancakes turned out delicious--the cornmeal adds an earthy flavor and texture that we really loved, and. And our sausage-green-pepper-mushroom-and-onion scramble was just awesome. If there's anything better than the smell of onions, peppers, mushrooms, and sausage frying, I don't know what it is. (We reserved some of those ingredients, along with some free day-old bread, for a strata we're making for tomorrow. I had planned to make it this evening for supper, but I didn't realize that stratas are supposed to sit overnight before you cook them. So we dashed together some grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup--always a hit--and made the strata tonight, for tomorrow.) We also took a drive out by Shenandoah and hit up a free pumpkin festival at an orchard out there--it was a little underwhelming, but for 8 bucks, we each got to try 27 varieties of local wine and gobble down a chili dog. What can I say; it was a real health food fest. And we took a few pictures.

I've been at a conference the past two days, and just when I was starting to feel a little bit leery about how that would figure into the budget, work called last night and asked me to come in for overtime tomorrow. Thank you, God. I work 7-7 tomorrow and the next day, but luckily I'm doing pretty well in my schoolwork since I was off most of last week. Friday I'll take my second Pathophysiology test (the term is 1/3 over already!). And since Matt was working most of last weekend, and it seems like we've had something crazy going on most weekends lately, I think this weekend we're going to take it easy.

An old place we spotted by the road that seemed about our style

Us and a giant pumpkin!

I like to think these guys were on their way to win blue ribbons at the county fair. Matt looked a little skeptical at that, but he didn't tell me they weren't


Serious breakfast


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of you guys and the pumpkin is super cute! I'm glad you liked your pancake breakfast!