Sunday, October 26, 2008

Up & At 'Em

I'm spending the morning trying to clear up what happens during the week when we're busy all day and prefer to relax together in the evenings-- so that we can get out a little later and enjoy this crisp fall day. Nothing extreme, but plenty of dirty dishes, the litter box needs to be changed, the carpet could stand a vacuum, etc. Matt's at a meeting right now, and when he comes back we're making our weekend gold standard: Banana-Walnut Pancakes with Brown Sugar Syrup. Now that we've gotten the go-ahead from the author on not separating the eggs beforehand (thanks, Joy!), I think we're going to try the whole-wheat version. We've also both had a hankering for sausage lately (that's what fall does to us, I guess!) so we'll probably have a little sausage-egg scramble as well. For the protein, you know :)

I'm not sure I've ever used this blog to publicly profess my undying love for Tracy Chapman, but I'm going to do it now. She's making cleaning a dirty kitchen an absolute pleasure. So melancholy, so lovely, so socially aware. Her music just tears my heart out. My current favorite song: Change, introduced to me by my little sister, after I was the one to introduce Tracy to HER back in our days of rambling around in our Woody together. WELL worth the $0.99. Thanks, Sneebs!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. Speaking of folk musicians, I got to meet Carol King a couple weeks ago at an Obama get together. What a beautiful person, inside and out.
She led us in a sing along of You've Got A Friend.

If can be that together at age 66 I'll be thrilled.