Sunday, January 27, 2008

To the Iowa Girls

While I am definitely loving being back, I also wanted to say how wonderful it was to see everybody in Iowa. I so appreciate all the people who braved cold and sleeplessness and long drives to come break bread (or waffles or tortilla chips) with me. It was such a refreshing time and made me feel so thankful to have such close and wonderful friends--even if you are so far away. I feel so, so lucky to have spent my first year and a half as a nurse in such a stimulating and challenging environment, surrounded by such incredible people. I have so many intense memories of that time--busy times, happy times, crazy times--and they're some I will never forget. Getting back together with everybody made me glad to know that we still have so much in common.

I love you guys, and I really hope we'll continue to stay in touch.

2 comments:

Michelle Bargren said...

Aww...we love you too Katie! It takes someone special to leave such a strong (strong equals good, in this case)impression in the short time you were with us here at UIHC.

Anonymous said...

It just isn't the same eating contraband KOZY SHACK Natural Vanilla Pudding with anyone else. I had such a great time at breakfast! I wish you could come home more often!