Monday, September 15, 2008

Apart


Today marks the beginning of the first separation Matt and I have had since going through our rocky patch awhile back. Separation has never been easy for us, and I don't think it will be under these circumstances. Since we began putting even more effort into growing closer together every day, it makes it that much harder to do things like sleep apart and face the uncertainty of not knowing when we might be able to talk next. I know there are people who face much bigger, more serious separations--people who go to war or even those whose jobs just require more travel--and I don't know how they do it. I know that the moments in my day when I see Matt--waking up next to him, him walking through the door after work, or even just an unexpected phone call in the middle of the day--are such bursts of light to me, and it will be a hard week without them.

But I also know that we'll be constantly in each other's thoughts and hearts and prayers, and I know they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder. If such a thing is indeed possible, all I can say about next Friday is: look out!

No comments: