Monday, September 29, 2008

Long Time, No Blog

But really, not too many exciting updates.This past week was busy for us, as I worked almost every day of the week and then spent all day Saturday and Sunday downtown DC training for the RAINN Online Hotline. Matt was kind enough to accompany me, and so each day we met up for lunch and warmed up our lunch in the swanky GWU Law School student lounge. Sunday evening, we got home to an apartment that looked like squatters had been living there all week. Almost every single dish and Tupperware we owned was dirty, clothes from the week were lying where we'd dropped them, and the piles of clean laundry were practically indistinguishable from the dirty. (And when you're using cloth wipes instead of toilet paper, it's nice when there's a distinction.) So we got down to business and luckily, living in a one-bedroom apartment means that even if the whole thing is pretty trashed, it still doesn't take much more than an hour or so to get it pretty presentable again.

Today I'm on call for work, but they haven't called, which means that it's a school day. Technically, classes don't start until October 6th, but I'm getting a jump start because the next week promises to be an even BUSIER week. Once again, I work nearly almost every day, and then over the weekend I have some work activities on Saturday and Sunday. I'm on call overnight Sunday night, have a meeting at 7:30 in the morning, and then work overnight Monday night and Tuesday night. Wednesday, we leave for Seattle, where Matt has a business meeting. (No more of this separation crap when we can help it!). Between the travel and the time change, I'm anticipating it might be advantageous to be a little ahead in my schoolwork!

Besides that, the only other recent development is that Matt and I have recently become devotees of natural family planning (and no, it isn't just the rhythm method!). Appreciating that this is TMI for many of our regular readers, we've started a separate blog where you can go to learn everything you've ever wanted to know about the sympto-thermal method--and, if that is a big fat NOTHING, you can avoid the topic entirely. This is the only time I'm ever going to mention it here. You're welcome. As my sister put it, "Well, if tracking your cycle and not using toilet paper means things are going good, I guess for you guys, things are going great!"

No comments: