Monday, September 15, 2008

. . . but together in spirit.

When I was talking to Katie the other day, I had mentioned how if we had never gotten together, we would have never experienced so many incredible and powerful things. Some have been more difficult than we could imagine, but some have also been more incredible than we could ever fathom. And, I know that neither of us would trade any of this, because we would not be here without it, and I especially would not be the person I am this very minute without Katie.

It is going to be very hard to go home to an empty house tonight that, and not have someone to make dinner for. There are so many different kinds of people, and so many different kinds of marriage, but we are the type of people that really need each other, and want to be with each other all the time. When I was walking to work this morning, I noticed how nice it was outside, and wished Katie was there, in the simple setting of walking through Reston on my way to work, and I missed her.

But, in an incredible way, I knew that she was there. There is an undeniable connection that can and has been strained, but seems to be another thing beyond what we can fathom. No matter what, we will always be together, but I still miss her just the same.

I came across this nice quote that summarizes how I (we) feel:

"Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman."

1 Corinthians 11:11


I miss you and love you Katie. Come home soon!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love and miss you too, baby! I can't wait to see you on Friday!