Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Called on Account of Snow

Matt and I enjoyed much of the day at home together because schools and workplaces alike ground to a screeching halt today. All schools were canceled, and when I did venture into work for an important meeting, people told me that "The roads were fine, but when I got here and saw all that slush in the parking lot, I just about turned around and went back home."

On account of SLUSH?!?

Granted, it was a little bit icy, but it was also 39 degrees and truly a tropical day compared to what our kinfolk have been buried under for the past several months. We never cease to marvel at the panic that a little winter weather--in the winter--can incite in the DC area.

Apparently we're not alone: President Obama has noticed the same thing.

No comments: