Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fun With New Camera

(Which is a Rebel XTi, in answer to a recent comment/question.) Today we drove up to Harper's Ferry...


...then came home and planted some herbs.



Some basil, rosemary, thyme, and lavender. We're going to start them in a windowbox and see how that goes. If they survive long enough to get big, we'll move them out onto the porch as it gets warm. We're also hoping to start some tomatoes and peppers out there, along with a strawberry plant.

I know what you're thinking: a strawberry plant? But you have to pick off the blossoms the first year and so you won't have any strawberries until next year! Matt tried that one at Home Depot today. Well, not only have I found little evidence to say this is actually necessary, had I not been dissuaded the first time I heard that argument (from my mother when I was eight), I could have started harvesting strawberries by the time I was nine and been at it for the past 16 years. So: no time like the present, I say, and we're going to get started now.


In other hopeful news, yesterday we hit up the Hudson Trail Outfitter's annual clearance sale and got me outfitted for some backpacking this summer.


As you can tell, we can't wait :)

No comments: