Sunday, March 2, 2008

Winter (if you can call it that) Hike: The Billy Goat Trail

Today we hiked the Billy Goat Trail, which runs along the Potomac River in Great Falls, Maryland. The trail is so named because it's four miles of scrambling up and down steep, rocky hills just like--well, you get the idea. Here are some scenes from our day.More than anything, I'm thankful to be married to somebody who agrees that homemade cheese, a rocky climb, and Anne of Green Gables are the perfect way to spend a weekend. In addition to that movie (which holds a very special place in my heart to this day--it's just such a beautifully done, simple story, and I think the actors are all outstanding), we also really enjoyed watching The Karate Kid. A couple of blasts from the past!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I should have asked you if I could link to your blog....I'm glad you didn't mind that I did because your review was excellent! I just wish I could encourage more of my friends to read Pushed.

Looks like you and your husband had a fun time....I love Anne of Green Gables too!