Monday, March 24, 2008

Further Additions to the Midwifery Library

My lovely mother was kind enough to send me the books that follow for my birthday. In addition to the books I got last week, and a couple of kick-ass videos (thanks, Matt!), I should have plenty to keep me busy and learning for a long time.
Adventures in Natural Childbirth. I'm guessing will be just what it sounds like. One of my goals for a birth library is to have not only books that will inform (both me and others), but ones that will inspire--especially with true stories. I think this is such a book.

Gentle Birth Choices. Research-based, convincing, and it has one of the cutest covers I've ever seen.

Heart and Hands: A Midwife's Guide to Pregnancy and Birth. Goes beyond the usual textbook of pregnancy-related concerns to address things like emotional preparation for birth, herbal supplements, and other non-mainstream approaches.
Other than that, last night I worked 7pm-7am--a lady of the night once more. I actually still felt pretty good when I got off, but after a delicious breakfast cooked by Matt, I collapsed into bed and didn't even move until 4pm--which was later than I had intended to sleep but which ended up being fine, since work asked me to come in tonight as well. As far as the rest of the week goes, Matt leaves for Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and I'm driving up to meet him on Friday; we're hoping to camp overnight on Saturday. We'll see if weather permits!

No comments: