Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's Only Tuesday.

I haven't blogged much this week because it's only Tuesday and I've already worked twice as many hours as I'd intended. As a result, I feel like it should be Friday, and I still have two 12-hour shifts to go. On the positive side, I'm getting more comfortable with a wide range of things at work and have been getting into some more complex patient care situations, which keeps things dynamic and interesting.

Today I was supposed to be off, but agreed to come in from 7-11, and didn't end up leaving until almost 2:30. I thought about taking a nap when I got home, but ended up making a batch of these instead.
I used a half batch of butter spread (so 1 stick of butter to 1/4 each of canola oil and water) and also swirled in a little cocoa powder, and they turned out pretty well. They're not stunning, and I wonder if the flavor wasn't a little muted as a result of less actual butter, but that might be an added benefit as they're now not only healthier, but more conducive to portion control as well. I also started a new batch of yogurt in the crockpot since we were running low.

No comments: