Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Opera, and Pine Cat Litter: The Start of Something Good?

Frustrated by what seems like the hundredth time this week that "Firefox has encountered an error and needed to close," I struck out today in search of a new browser. And I'd like to think that maybe I struck gold. One word: Opera.

Why have I never heard of this before? Clean, lightening fast, supposedly more secure. Tabbed browsing. Speed-Dial, which is the analogy to Firefox's Morning Coffee. And so far, no obnoxious errors! Granted, I'm only fifteen minutes or so into this little experiment, but I'd like to hope that it could be the beginning of something beautiful.

UPDATE: Trying to upload the accompanying picture taught me that Opera seems to have a lot to learn when it comes to interacting with Blogger. Of course it's not like I upload pictures very often or anything, right?

Right. Sigh...

Another experiment currently underway is Trader Joe's Pine Litter for our cats. Pros: subtle piney scent means no need to use air freshener in the bathroom (not that we did), I think the subtle piney scent is better than the chemical residue left by scented clay litters, we only have to handle the waste once because it's flushable, and it's better for us, our cats, and the environment. Cons: it still tracks, and it looks a little crazy--made of pine pellets that disintegrate into sawdust when they get wet, it looks like a mixture of sawdust and rabbit food in there. But who's really looking in there? At $2.99 a bag (which claims to last four weeks--IF you only put down an inch at a time. I went crazy and put down the whole bag, which will be lucky if it lasts a week), it's not terribly expensive. So while we're not in love with it, we're coexisting with it. At least for now.

1 comment:

trebomb said...

Coexisting with poo? Neat.