Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Safari Instead

Because of Opera's incompatibility with Blogger, I had to bid it farewell. Better sooner than later, I guess. At Matt's prompting/insistence, I downloaded Safari for Windows and am actually liking it just fine. What's good about it? Like Firefox, a ctrl-F search begins looking for the phrase as soon as you start typing it, which saves time over the traditional type-the-whole-word-then-hit-enter method utilized by IE and Opera. (Though I'm not sure I like the way it highlights the word and dims the rest of the page...that seems unnecessary.) It does run pretty fast, and it interfaces well with Blogger. What's not so good? I miss features like Morning Coffee (though I'm probably saving time by just adding all those sites to my Google reader), and there seem to be a number of random keyboard shortcuts that I'm constantly (accidentally) activating, thereby sending unintended emails, closing windows in the middle of working on something, etc. Apparently there's a learning curve.

I don't know why Firefox has been so buggy all of a sudden. Has anybody else had this kind of trouble?

No comments: