Tuesday, August 5, 2008

CVS'ing Like Mad for the Homeless


At first glance, the CVS deals for this month/this week didn't seem too stellar. The standout was the free-after-Extra Bucks Children's Advil, which is made even freer by the presence of a $1 off coupon printable online. It says limit one, though I was able to print at least two. I didn't get to use them both, though, because the CVS I went to only had one left. I was bummed, because I had just under $12 in ECB and buying two of those at $5.79 would have been a perfect way to roll those over.

Instead, I participated in the Colgate deal ($0.99 after ECB, would have been free if I'd brought my coupons!), and the buy-one-get-one-free deals on Pert Plus and Sure deodorant. These were made particularly excellent, despite the lack of ECB offered, due to the fact that the paper has recently had awesome coupons for both of these products and so I was able to get all four items for free. I used two $2 off of 1 coupons on the Pert (which was $3.99, with one free) and I think a similar deal for the Sure. With coupons and ECB, my total was something like -$0.50, so I got a pack of Trident gum, which was over $1 but which comes in handy when you work in close contact with others and have a propensity for oniony, garlicky lunches (like I do). The rest are products we don't use, so we'll donate them. I love the warm fuzzy feeling of giving, combined with the thrill of the hunt I get from avid coupon shopping! So out of pocket I paid $0.41 for all of the above, and earned about $10 in ECB. My return would have been a little higher had I been able to get two Advils and use coupons for the Colgate, but I'm not complaining!

No comments: