Thursday, August 21, 2008

Perfect Summer Evening

Lately we've been eating a lot of produce-based meals:

several pounds of tomatoes we made into an uncooked sauce for pasta and pizza


Pasta with swiss chard...something I probably wouldn't eat again

Pasta with fresh tomato sauce, and fruit salad

...But tonight we did something a little different: hamburgers!

Here's Matt grilling them, backyard-apartment style:
We at them patty-melt style, with cheddar and tomatoes and onions on rye toast, and a side of sweet corn. Delicious!


(Yes, there are ten hamburgers in that picture; and yes, after packing our lunches for tomorrow, there is only one lonely burger left in the fridge. How did that happen?!)

Add that to the fact that I came home after 12 hours of work to this meal already prepared (thanks, Matt!), and the fact that I had a satisfying, busy day at work, in which I really connected with my patients, and I go to bed tonight feeling like a very lucky girl indeed!

No comments: