Thursday, August 28, 2008

Living on a Prayer

Which is apparently what this hungry guy or gal has been living on for a couple of days. When I walked into my office on Wednesday morning, I was surprised to find this little fella sitting on the top of my computer. I typed away for a couple of hours with it there there and eventually the bug climbed up the wall and up to the ceiling. When I came into the office this morning, he/she was still up there. So Katie got the awesome idea to get some crickets and feed it.

Watching this thing grab the crickets and eat was about one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Katie and I watched it hunt and eat for about 20 minutes, and mentioned how this would have been awesome to show to little kids, thinking of ours that we hope to have and show gross things to some day.



After he or she ate three crickets in one sitting (hungry little guy) we decided to bring it outside and set it free. It was nice to hang out with this little fella for a couple of days in my office, and oddly enough was entertaining even though it really does not do very much.

It is wonderful to have a partner like Katie to enjoy little, simple, silly joys like this with. I thank God for these little experiences, because the wonderful little things like this are really what make up life. So I just want to say how happy I am to have Katie in my life, to have this miraculous person to do the day-to-day things with, and to have little adventures with all the time. I love you so very much my wife. Thank you for all that you are! You are the world to me! I consider myself so blessed to have you, so maybe this little thing coming into my life was a symbolic, prayerful gesture from the man upstairs, reminding me in a little, yet comical way how lucky I truly am. And I know it.

No comments: