Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deviled Eggs


Recently, we made these deviled eggs to take to a party. They were a big hit and gone in about 15 minutes, and didn't call for anything wacky that we didn't already have in the fridge, so they were a hit with us too. Mind you, peeling hardboiled eggs is always cause for a lot of swearing (no matter how not-fresh our eggs are, or any of the other little tricks we use, it's never anything but a messy pain in the butt), and honestly we had thought they almost looked a little too raggedy to take out in public, but it's amazing what a sprinkle of paprika does to punch up the contrast and cover a multitude of sins. I certainly get why they use that...it really dresses these babies up to the next level.

Making deviled eggs always reminds me of last summer, when I'd gotten a taste for a batch and decided to make them for Matt and me. I was happily mashing away when Matt walked over and said tactfully "Oh, um, where are the whites?" He KNEW where the whites were...mashed in with the yolks...I think he was just too kind to say so.

So the first time we made deviled eggs together, it was really egg salad, but it was good nonetheless.

No comments: