Friday, November 7, 2008

No Real News

I'm spending today finally making some headway on a paper I've been writing for weeks. I tend to do better during crunch time, which I guess is a relief because I was starting to worry I was never going to get it done.

Besides that, we don't have a lot to report. Fall in Virginia is beautiful as usual, I'm chugging away at school, Matt is working, and I'm in a fairly unexciting stage of pregnancy where, even if I am generating limbs and ears and organs at an impressive rate, I don't look pregnant and I don't feel pregnant and so business carries on much as usual. Although our baby does have two possessions so far: a shirt,

which we've admired for a long time and which Matt brought home for me the day after we found out I was pregnant; and a jogging stroller,
(don't mind what looks like poop on the wheel...or the fact that
our apartment is in such a shambles that it looks like moving day)

something we'd remarked the other day would be nice, but something we were unlikely to actually pay for. Enter Freecycle: one was listed the very next day, and now it's ours. Living in an area as wealthy as this one has its advantages; people give or throw away nicer things than we'd ever consider buying! We're hoping that by starting early, we'll be able to get the majority of what we need for the first several months at least for free or really cheap. I understand this might seem a little premature, and even unwise to some, but when you really think about it, why should being hopeful about the healthy outcome of this or any pregnancy be seen as inviting bad luck? If anything, I think hope and optimism contribute to better outcomes, not the other way around.

No comments: