Saturday, November 8, 2008

Not Every Wife...

...gets to look across the couch and see a sight like this:

Matt told me a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to learn how to knit. I was supportive, but given my own impatience and ineptitude with handicrafts, not overly optimistic. But he became more vocal about it as time went on, and so finally, today we took a couple of 40% off coupons to Michael's and for about 8 bucks picked up a pair of bamboo knitting needles and some yarn. I had figured it would take days, if not weeks, to get the hang of it, and I'll be honest, I anticipated being asked to admire some scraggly first attempts.

Uh...no. After reviewing an illustration on the Internet for less then five minutes, you can see that actually, a lovely scarf (for me, no less!) is well underway.

This man never ceases to amaze me. Is there anything he doesn't do well??

No comments: