Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Step Into My World

I'm sitting on the couch in our (chilly) apartment, snuggling with a warm cat under a down comforter, feet on a heating pad, space heater running nearby, trying my best to frantically take notes and study for a test I'm hoping to take--today. After I submit the paper that's due.


The kitchen is full, not just of breakfast dishes but also of the remains of the hacked and cooked pumpkin (it took overnight baking on 200 degrees to to sufficiently soften up that sucker!), some of which has been pureed to a yellow sauce, but some of which is still in the Cuisinart, or the funnel, or all over the counter. I don't have time to think about that right now.


In our living room are boxes and boxes of CDs waiting to be sold or given away, a jogging stroller, an exercise ball, a basket or two of laundry, and stacks and stacks of library books. All testaments to our plans and good intentions that right now are being placed on the back burner.


Things have been heating up for Matt at work, and I've been working pretty close to full-time in addition to juggling my classes and feeling a little bit sub-par to boot. So things are slipping a little bit, but on the whole, we're still doing well. Everybody is happy and clothed and fed (pictured below: today's lunch, a mug of leftover homemade tomato soup swirled with some of the last of the summer pesto), and in times like these, those are our priorities.

It will certainly be interesting to add a baby into this mix.

No comments: