Friday, May 9, 2008

Don't Pay The Ransom...

...we're back from vacation! I realize I didn't leave much of a clue as to when we were leaving, or when we'd be back. In large part, that's because Friday was a tremendously disturbing day at work for me, complete with a full-scale emergency--luckily, everything turned out fine, but it was awhile before I could convince my shaking hands of that. I ended up coming home early and being not much good for the rest of the day. (Just ask Matt, who ended up doing most of the packing and cleaning and other trip prep.) However, a week off was just what I needed, and I was also touched to get phone calls from no fewer than SEVEN of my coworkers who let me know I was in their thoughts. It made me feel more a part of my working community than I have felt in a long time--specifically, since I left Iowa last July. Sniff.

Anyway, we realized shortly before we left that a) our brakes were making a funny noise and b) we didn't have time to get them looked at. They held out great through the entire 1,500-mile trip (and, three cheers for great gas mileage--we spent a little over $150 on gas, TOTAL), but we're making it a priority to go get it looked at this morning. When we get back, we'll post pictures from our trip!

No comments: