Sunday, May 18, 2008

A kitchen built for two.

Cooking is a great thing. What better hobby is there. You have to eat, and depending on what and how much you eat, it can help you to be healthier, happier, and to live longer. And, of course, the exact opposite, depending on how poorly you eat. So, why not practice and enjoy it. Well, when you are used to cooking for someone, and eating with someone, making a nice meal for yourself sort of bites. Today, I made a really good, you guessed it, Indian dish: Aloo Sag, or potatoes in a fragrant spinach sauce. But, alas, without my better half (and I really mean that, she is way better), it felt like somewhat of a moot point. I didn't even have the desire to take a picture of it (well, that is usually Katie's job) so this unhappy face is all I could muster. I really love cooking for and eating with Katie, and I already miss her for this short time we are going to have apart. She was really hoping I would post something while she was away, so I am going to try my darndest and do it regularly. The hummus post will therefore come soon. She is having fun on the farm already, but I am missing her here.

Maybe I will just eat at Mc Donald's for the rest of the week.

No comments: