Saturday, May 17, 2008

Egg-Free Waffles

Because we're out of eggs and we wanted waffles. So, courtesy of Mr. Breakfast (who also brought us Banana-Walnut Pancakes), we made these. The verdict? Easy, tasty, maybe not quite as crispy as typical waffles, but overall very good. (Mr. Breakfast does recommend increasing one's cooking time "a notch" to compensate for this.)
I like mine with strawberry jam, which I know has nothing but strawberries, sugar, pectin, and my mother's love in it--as opposed to most commercial syrups, which are basically caramel coloring and corn syrup. Mmm.

Since I leave for the Farm at an eye-popping 2:00 tomorrow morning (or should I say late tonight?), we're spending today getting ready for that (which includes dehydrating 2 pounds of strawberries for snacking on the way), and also riding our bikes out to the thrift stores to see what they've got to offer us.

No comments: