Friday, May 30, 2008

Things That Go Ick In The Night: Or, How To Clean Up Cat Vomit

That's what we get for switching cat foods, I guess. Luckily it came out of the (white) carpet with the following method:

1. Pick up any large, wet chunks. (For this, I was thankful that we had a lone surviving roll of paper towels stashed under the sink from awhile back. And I was proud that I managed to hold my gag threshold firmly in check, for the most part.)

2. Sprinkle with baking soda to absorb remaining moisture. Let sit for a few minutes and then scoop up.

3. Combine vinegar with hot (nearly boiling) water in approximately 1:2 ratio and pour on spots. Vinegar will foam when it hits the baking soda, further breaking down any stains.

4. Sop up the remaining vinegar.

I came up with this method based on my love for baking soda and vinegar, as well as my dad's advice that "HEAT CATALYZES A CHEMICAL REACTION." It worked great. Give it a try sometime!

*Note: our camera batteries are dead this morning, so instead of a visual play-by-play, you'll have to settle for this bizarre tank top by printfection to give you an idea of what our morning was like.

No comments: